Knives are one of the most essential items in the kitchen but they are also the ones that pose a significant amount of headache when it comes to the question of safety. Especially if you have a household where there are children coming in and out of the kitchen, you would not want knives to be stored within their reach. Another thing that home and professional chefs worry about when it comes to knives is that they can rust or lose sharpness if they are not stored in an appropriate way. To achieve a high level of safety and to preserve the sharpness of your knife blades, we are going to introduce to you a very useful tool called a magnetic knife holder.
As its name suggests, this tool can hold knives by means of magnetism, and it is convenient as well as a safe way to store your knives in the kitchen. As these bars can be installed onto different types of surfaces, you can put them up on any surface that you find convenient. For example, if you want your knives to be within your quick reach, you can install the bar on your kitchen wall, but if you want the knives to be stored in a covered area, then you can attach the bar inside your kitchen cupboard.
This means that you will have a high level of flexibility in terms of where you want your knives to be stored. Another great advantage of using magnetic knife holders compared to other storage methods is that you do not have to go through the hassle of sheathing your knives. As the knives stay organized on the bar, you do not have to cover the blades, nor do you have to worry about the blades of the knives damaging each other.
Now that you have come to know about how useful a magnetic knife holder can be, you might be wandering around in the home equipment stores, looking for a magnetic knife holder. But we would request you not to do that right now, as the market has many options to offer, and not all of them are of good quality.
That is why we have gathered all the information that you need to know about buying a magnetic knife holder, and have also carefully selected the best magnetic knife holder that the market has to offer so that once you are done going through this article, you would have no trouble finding the knife holder that would be the most suitable one for you.
Top 10 Best Magnet Knife Holders
1. Norpro 12-Inch Magnetic Knife Tool Bar
When you think of the word magnetic, the first image that comes to your mind might be one that is steely, hard, and not very homely, and that could be one of the reasons that have been keeping you away from buying a magnetic bar to your kitchen décor.
However, this magnetic bar is exceptionally suitable for kitchen-use as it comes with a wooden frame which has a warm and welcoming look to it. The wooden frame has a 12-inch body where you can store knives, utensils and magnetic spice bottles without having to clatter your kitchen drawer.
As the two magnetic strips are very strong, you can store several knives on the bar without having to worry about them falling off. Another thing that we love about this bar is that it comes with two screws and holes on it so it is very easy to install and you can start using it right away without having to go through the hassle of drilling holes into the magnetic bar. It is convenient, strong, and kitchen-friendly, and we think it is one of the best options to look into if you are looking for a magnetic knife holder.
- It has a wooden frame which makes it more suitable to be a kitchen décor
- The strong magnetic strips can hold a good number of kitchen knives and utensils
- It can also be used for garages and workshops to hold tools
- The bar is very easy to install as it comes with holes and screws
- It is a 12-inch bar and you might be looking for a longer bar if you have a large number of knives
- As it is wooden, it has to be taken care of so that mold does not form on it
2. Ouddy 16 Inch Magnetic Knife Holder
If you are looking for a knife holder that is sleek, modern and stylish, you cannot go wrong with this one. This knife holder has a hassle-free design and is extremely easy to install and to clean. It is a 16-inch long magnetic bar with stainless steel covering so it would stay free from rust.
As a powerful magnetic bar runs through the entire length of the holder, you can place the knives or scissors to anywhere on the bar and it will stay securely organized. One thing that we especially love about this knife holder is the flexibility it offers to its users.
As it is just a simple piece of long stainless steel magnetic bar, you can practically attach it to anywhere you want. For example, you can attach it horizontally inside the cabinet under your sink, on the side of your fridge, or your kitchen wall, and the possibilities are endless. It comes with an instruction manual on how to screw it in, so it is made extra easy and simple to start using it once you have it in your hands.
- It has a sleek design which will add to the décor of any modern kitchen
- As it has a simple design, there is no hassle in installing it, and it can be attached to different locations within your kitchen
- It has a stainless steel body which gives it protection from rusting and it also makes it easy to clean
- As a strong magnetic bar runs through the entire length of the holder, you can attach your knives and scissors to anywhere on the bar
- It has a length of 16 inches which provides ample space to store a number of items
- It has a very simple design with just stainless steel so if you are looking for something more special then this might not be the one for you
3. Norpro 18-Inch Aluminum Magnetic Knife Bar
This knife holder from Norpro is unique in the sense that it has magnetic strips that are exposed rather than being covered by metal. What this means is that it is better at keeping your knives and cutleries attached to it as the magnet can directly act on the knives.
Although the magnetic strips are uncovered, it has a compact, stylish design which would suit any kitchen décor. Not only is this knife holder useful in the kitchen, but many users have found it to be extremely useful in workshops and similar environments where they have to keep their tools within their easy reach.
Since this holder has a length of 18 inches, it can hold more items compared to the ones with lengths of 12 or 16 inches and is a true friend to anyone who is looking for a way to store their knives in a safe and organized way. The other good news about this knife holder is that it comes with screws and drywall anchors so you can easily install it to your desired location and start using it without having to call in extra help from outside.
- Simple yet stylish, this knife holder is designed to be a great addition to a modern kitchen
- The holder comes with screws and drywall anchors so it is very easy to be installed
- The holder has two strong magnetic strips that are exposed so it is better at holding onto
- the knives compared to the ones with covered magnets
- The holder has a length of 18 inches which is long enough to hold several items
- Since it has exposed magnets, you might have to be careful about dirt getting stuck on the magnetic surface
4. RSVP Endurance 18/8 Stainless Steel Deluxe Magnetic Knife Bar
Kitchen holders are not only meant for a large family kitchen. It can especially be useful in kitchens used by single people, for example, the dorm kitchen as there is more space that needs to be shared among a number of roommates and this means less kitchen counter space.
At a situation like that, you might be considering a nice compact way to keep your knives organized and a magnetic knife holder like this one can be exactly what you have been looking for. This knife bar is smaller compared to the others and measures only ten inches which makes it particularly fit for people who use only two to three knives.
Apart from that, the knife holder is made of high-quality grade 18/8 stainless steel. This means it will stand up to rough use and be resistant to rusting and corrosion. Another great thing about this knife holder is that it has a satin finish which gives it a matte surface which adds a sophisticated look to your kitchen décor. The knife can be easily cleaned by simply wiping it with a wet cloth.
- It is made from 18/8 stainless steel which makes it durable, rust-resistant and endure rough use
- It has a 10-inch compact design which makes it particularly fit for small kitchens or users who has fewer knives
- It can be easily cleaned by wiping it with a wet cloth
- The stainless steel surface of this holder has a satin finish, giving it a matte look which is soothing to the eyes
- As it has a small size, it might not be suitable for people with many items to store on the holder
5. Unique Effects 18 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder
For home and professional chefs who use many kinds of utensils and cutting equipment, this knife holder from Unique effects is going to be a game changer without a doubt. The 18-inch long strong magnetic bar not only has a surface where you can attach your knives but also has hooks to hang your utensils from.
It could be ladles, whisks, spoons, mashers, or any other kitchen tool and it can be stored neatly through the six S-hooks that come with the holder. This is a very useful way to store all your kitchen equipment as you can keep the tools you use the most within your easy access without having to look for them when you need them the most.
Storing your kitchen tool on this holder also means that they will stay dry without cluttering up space inside your kitchen drawer. Another handy thing about this holder is that the hooks for hanging utensils can slide across the length of the bar so you can store the hanging tools at any position you want to. If you do not want to hang anything from the bar and only want to use it to store knives, you can take the hooks off very easily.
Apart from being equipped with two strong magnetic strips, this knife holder is made of stainless steel that has been brushed to a perfect satin finish which makes it not only more durable but also aesthetically pleasing. Due to its stylish design, you can fit it perfectly within both professional and home kitchens interiors. Overall, this 18-inch magnetic knife holder has all you could look for in a heavy-duty knife holder to keep your kitchen tools organized in a stylish and useful way.
- The knife holder has a length of 18 inches and as it has hooks and an extra strip, it allows plenty of space for storing different kinds of kitchen tools and not just only knives
- The six hooks that come with the holder can be moved around on the bar and also be taken off, which give the users the freedom to choose what works best for them
- The bar is made of brushed stainless steel which makes it rust resistant and aesthetically pleasing
- It comes with the complete kit to install it within a few minutes which means the users can attach it inside their kitchen by themselves
- If you do not have too many kitchen utensils, this might be too large for you
6. PremiumPresents Eco-friendly Bamboo wood magnetic knife holder
This knife holder is made of bamboo instead of stainless steel and would be a great choice for someone looking for an eco-friendly option instead of a metallic material.
Bamboo also has characteristics that make it a great material for kitchen tools, for example, it is very light, yet strong. This means that it will not exert stress onto the wall where you are attaching it, but also will not crack under the weight of the knives.
The length of this holder is 17 inches so you can store several items on it. The strong magnet inside the holder will also ensure that even the bigger and heavier knives will stay securely attached to the holder and will not cause any accidents.
- Since the holder is made of bamboo, it is an eco-friendly item
- It is lightweight yet strong so it will not crack but also not cause stress on the surface to which it gets attached
- It has a very nice wooden tone to it, which makes it a great addition to your kitchen décor
- The 17-inch length of the holder gives you enough space to store your items
- The knife holder cannot be used to store non-magnetic items such as those made of plastic and ceramic
7. Walnut Magnetic Knife Holder with Multi-Purpose Functionality as Knife Magnet
If you are bored of using stainless steel items in your kitchens and are looking for something that is made of a unique material that adds to the décor of your kitchen, then you should definitely not miss out on this exquisitely crafted magnetic knife holder.
Instead of being metallic, this holder is made of walnut wood which has a bold dark color that you would not usually find in the other type of wood and adds a rich warmth to your kitchen interior.
Apart from the aesthetics, the advantage of using a knife holder made of wood rather than steel is that it would not scratch, chip, or bend your knife blades when they are stored on the bar. You might be doubting the strength of the magnet as it is completely covered by wood but we would assure you that you can hang even heavy kitchen and butcher knives from this holder as the bar uses strong earth magnets which hold the knives securely without letting them go.
The wooden body of the holder has high durability as it is made of chestnut hardwood which will not warp or rust and is a great choice of material to be used in the kitchen as it ensures high food hygiene. Also, this bar is a more compact option compared to other holders which are around 18 inches long, and this 12-inch compact bar will easily fit even in small kitchens. As it has such a beautiful design, it can not only be used in the kitchen but also in the garage, inside your room as an accessory organizer, etc.
- This knife holder is made of walnut hardwood, a unique material which adds a rich earthly warmth to your kitchen décor
- Unlike stainless steel, this wooden holder will not chip, bend, or damage your knife blades and hence is an excellent choice for anyone who does not want to damage their expensive knives
- The bar has a 12-inches compact size which will fit even on a small kitchen wall
- The magnetic strip that has been used in the bar is a rare strong earth magnet which enables the holder to store even heavy kitchen knives securely
- As it is made of wood, you do not have to worry about rust
- Care has to be taken when cleaning the holder as it is made of wood
8. Culina Magnetic Knife Holder 12″ Wall-Mount
This 12-inch magnetic knife holder is a great choice for anyone who is looking for a reliable knife holder with a wooden texture. It has two exposed magnetic strips embedded onto birch wood.
Birchwood has a light beige color which will surely add liveliness to your kitchen décor. Another advantage of the birch wood used in this knife holder is that it keeps the holder lightweight which means you can install it to the door of your kitchen cabinet without exerting stress on the cabinet door.
As the magnetic strips used in this holder are quite powerful, you can hang any size of knives, including your heavy butcher knives. The compact size of this holder is another reason to fall in love with this hassle-free knife holder that you can easily install to any corner or front of your kitchen wall.
- The holder is made with birch wood which has a warm light color to lighten up the ambiance of the kitchen
- The birch wood used to make this holder is lightweight so you can safely attach this bar to places like the cabinet door without exerting stress on the structure
- The magnetic strips used in this holder is strong enough to hold on to heavy butcher knives
- Extra care might have to be taken while cleaning as the frame of the holder is made of wood
9. Jabowd Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder (19.5 inches)
For the chefs out there who uses multiple numbers of knives, it might have been difficult to manage kitchen drawer and counter space with all the different types of small to large knives that they own and use.
But not anymore! This 19.5-inch extra-long magnetic knife holder will take care of your knife storage and will allow you to store up to 11 knives! When you are storing your precious knives, which can be quite expensive, you would not want them to be damaged by the rust on the holder.
That is why this knife holder has been made with food grade stainless steel, powerfully resisting rusting and corrosion, hence keeping your knife blades sharp and new at all times. If you already have one of these in your kitchen for your knives, you might want to consider this holder for other parts of your home, such as the garage, workshop, or hobby room, where you can keep your tools organized on this holder.
The knife holder comes with screws and drywall anchors so you can install the holder onto the location you want to, all by yourself, without having to call in a technician.
- This bar has a length of 19.5 inches which is quite long compared to other knife holders and provides enough space for storing 11 knives
- The frame is made of food-grade stainless steel so you would not have to worry about your knife blades being damaged by rust
- This holder is not only useful in the kitchen but can also be used in the garage, workshop, etc., to store your tools
- It comes with screws and drywall anchors which enables you to install it by yourself easily
- For small kitchens, this knife holder might be too long
10. DALSTRONG Knife Set Block
Compared to others on this list, this product here is quite an exception. The reason why we say that is because this product is not only a knife holder but is a knife set with a knife holder.
Therefore, if anyone is looking for the complete package that includes a great set of knives of and a great knife holder that matches the quality and beauty of the knives, then this one would be highly recommended.
The knives in this set belong to Dalstrong’s special series called the Phantom series and each one of them have been exquisitely made with elegant design, durable build, and sharp, effective blades. The set includes a 9.5-inch Kiritsuke chef’s knife, a 9-inch bread knife, an 8-inch multipurpose chef’s knife, a 7-inch Santoku knife, a 5-inch utility knife, and a 4-inch paring knife. With a set, this versatile, all your cutting and preparation need in the kitchen will be well taken care of.
There is a lot more to be said about the knives in this set, but since we are focusing mainly on knife holders in this article, we will take an in-depth look at the knife holder that is included in this set. Instead of being a flat bar that you attach to the wall, this knife holder comes with a countertop design, but with a unique design so it will take up very little space on your countertop. The countertop knife holder has been named as the “Dragon Spire” and the reason is that it looks like a spire when the knives of different lengths are attached to it. This simple piece of useful kitchen tool can be placed on the kitchen countertop as a piece of art.
It is handcrafted from walnut wood and it adds a rich brown tone to your kitchen interior as walnut has a characteristic dark brown color which gives it a gorgeous appearance. Apart from looking aesthetically pleasing, this holder is exceptionally good at accomplishing its task of storing knives as it has powerful magnets built into both sides of each column. This means that each column can hold two items, one on each side, and this gives you great flexibility in which and how you want to store your items.
- The set comes as a set of knives and a holder so you are getting a complete package rather than having to buy knives and holders separately
- As the holder has been designed specifically for the set of knives that comes with it, you can rest assured that the knives will be well maintained and preserved when stored on the holder
- The holder provides extra space for storing items other than knives as it has magnets on both sides of each column
- The holder is designed in a unique way and with walnut wood which makes it a piece of art that you can proudly keep on your countertop
- The holder comes as a set with knives and hence is quite expensive so if you already have knives and have a low budget
- It has a countertop design and if you have no space at all on your counter for knife holders then it would not be a good choice for you
Key Factors to Remember When Buying a Knife Holder
Now that you have seen all the knife holders that you can install to your kitchen to safely store your knives in an organized way, you might be getting ready to go to the nearest home and kitchen store to buy one for yourself. However, we would recommend you to read through the next section of our article where we would quickly go through some of the most important points that would help you to buy a kitchen holder that is the best fit for you.
The size of the knife holder, or more precisely, the length of the knife holder is very important to consider, first of all, because it will determine how many items you can store on it. Secondly, it is important because it will determine whether you would be able to install it at a certain location within your kitchen.
Magnetic knife holders are not only for being installed onto the kitchen wall and it can be installed anywhere you find convenient, for example on the kitchen cabinet door. However, if your knife holder is too heavy or too long, it might not fit the cabinet door. That is why get ready with a measuring tape, take some measurements inside your kitchen, and make sure you buy a knife holder that is of the right size.
The design of the knife holder is an important feature because a knife holder stays at a place where it is visible to anyone and you would not want a knife holder that does not match your kitchen interior. When buying a knife holder, choose a design that you can proudly display your knives on, even when your most special guests are over at your home for dinner.
Strength of Magnet
If you are someone who uses various kinds of knives, you would know that some types of knives can be quite heavy. If you are going to store knives like butcher’s knife and heavy German knives, then it is best to make sure that the magnet within the holder is strong enough to hold on to that weight. This is a factor that will determine the level of safety within your kitchen so it is very important.
The material it is made of
Magnetic knife holders are made mainly of two materials: Wood and stainless steel. The advantage of stainless steel is that it is easier to maintain and to clean. As long as it is high-quality stainless steel that is rust resistant, it can be kept clean by simply wiping with a wet cloth.
The downside of stainless steel is that it does not look as good as wood and also, it might scratch your knife blades and cause the blades to chip if you are not gentle while releasing or attaching the knives to the holder.
Ease of installing
As most of you already know, a magnetic knife holder has to be installed onto a surface in order to be used. The installation is usually done by screwing the holder onto the surface where you want it to be. Make sure that the holder comes with a proper installation kit, including screws and an instruction manual, so that you can do it on your own, without having to call in a technician.
You have acquired all the knowledge that you need to have in order for you to choose the best magnetic knife holder for your kitchen, so feel confident and bring home that one simple kitchen tool that will make it so much easier for you to safely store all your kitchen knives and any other magnetic items.