If you’re tired of paying high prices for your daily coffee at your local coffee shop, investing in a coffee urn may be a good idea. Not only will you save a lot of money in the long run but you will also freely be able to make various types of coffee all in the comfort of your own home.
Whether you’re a businessman or businesswoman who doesn’t have much time on their hands but needs their early morning coffee fix or whether you prefer to drink a cup of coffee after a satisfying dinner, a coffee urn can be a quick option for you.
Coffee urns are often a great gadget that can be used in offices and with family and friends too, making it a versatile and essential purchase. The best coffee urn is debatable but we hope that through this article you find a coffee urn that is perfect for you and your lifestyle. After all, the gadgets in your kitchen should make your tasks easier and complement your life
Top 10 Best Coffee Urns Review
1. West Bend 58030 Highly Polished Aluminium Party Perk Coffee Urn
If you’re searching for a coffee urn that can serve large groups of people without letting you down, the West Bend 58030 is a well-rounded option.
This coffee urn is NSF certified which means it meets a high-quality standard which has been approved and is checked regularly. It also has automatic temperature control so you won’t have to worry about the coffee going cold.
If you’re planning on using this coffee urn to serve multiple people at once, you’ll be glad to know that this coffee urn brews coffee exceptionally fast. On average, this coffee urn can brew a cup of coffee every single minute. There is also a two-way drip-less faucet for easy serving.
We’ve all been in a situation where we’ve spilt our coffee and ruined a meeting or gathering. Luckily, the West Bend 58030 has a secure twist-to-secure cover to prevent any accidental spillage. The opaque exterior of the coffee urn may suggest that filling it with the right amount of water may be difficult. Rest assured that through its interior water markings on the coffee urn makes this process easy.
It works on 1090 watts and 120 volts and has heat resistant handles, base and lid, indicator light and a cool tip filter basket.
- Keeps coffee warm through its automatic temperature control feature.
- Has a heatless base, lid and handles.
- Includes a twist-to-secure feature to avoid accidental spillage.
- Can make a cup of coffee every single minute.
- Comes in various sizes.
- There is no warranty on this product in case something goes wrong.
- It comes with a non-detachable power cord which may get in the way of cleaning the product easily
2. Hamilton Beach Coffee Urn and Hot Beverage Dispenser
This coffee urn comes in two versions. One has a single sprout and the other version as a dual sprout making it a great option for crowded functions.
It only takes one minute to brew a cup of coffee and there are water level markings on the coffee urn’s interior which makes measuring the water extremely convenient.
It’s also got an indicator light that demonstrates when the coffee is ready to serve and comes with a locking lid to avoid any accidental spillage. Cleaning a big and heavy coffee urn may be a frustrating thought to some of you but you’ll be glad to know that the Hamilton Beach Coffee Urn has a dishwasher safe lid and brew basket.
To use, simply set the coffee urn up and let it do all the work whilst you get ready to greet your guests and/or colleagues.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Has a dishwasher safe brew basket and lid.
- Comes in both a single sprout urn and a dual sprout urn.
- Brews a cup of coffee in a single minute.
- This product does not offer insulation and the coffee may get cold rather quickly. It is not
- advisable to travel with coffee already inside the urn
- The electric cord is not detachable – making the urn difficult to wash.
- The water used will not come to a boil but will instead get very warm.
- Check Latest Price on Amazon
3. Hamilton Beach 40540 Brew Station 40 Cup Coffee Urn
This easy to fill and clean coffee urn and dispenser has comfortable grip handles so you can move it from place to place with ease.
You won’t find yourself fumbling around the sprout trying to figure out how to use the urn thanks to its one-hand dispensing feature. The dual heater system maintains the coffee’s temperature without overcooking the coffee and ruining the flavor.
This is great for longer events where you will need fresh and warm coffee for several hours on end. It’s also got lights to notify you when the coffee is ready to pour and drink. To use this urn, simply add water and ground coffee and let the urn do its thing until the light comes on. When it is ready to serve, each cup of coffee takes 45 seconds to brew and pour rather than the typical 60 seconds, making this product more efficient to use compared to other coffee urns.
Unfortunately, there are no water level markings on the interior of the urn making you guess how much water you should put in the urn when making a new batch of coffee.
- Fills up a cup of coffee in 45 seconds.
- Has a light to let you know when the coffee is ready.
- Has a single button dispenser making it easy to use with one hand.
- Does not have water markings so you may need to measure how much water you’ll be using
- No part of this product is dishwasher safe.
4. Hamilton Beach D50065 Commercial Coffee Urn
This stainless steel coffee urn specialises in all the features you look for in a coffee urn and does it with intense durability.
This urn maintains the coffee’s temperature so you can keep this urn in use for multiple hours throughout the day. You can easily dispense the contents with a single hand thanks to the cup trip handle which is included and it takes 60 seconds for a cup of coffee to be ready to drink.
It’s got a window to show you how much water is left in the urn so you won’t find yourself out of coffee with several people queuing up for a refill. This window makes it easy to top up the urn with water before it runs out. Like many of the other coffee urns mentioned, the Hamilton Beach D50065 comes with a light indicator that can let you know when your coffee is ready for drinking.
- Easy to use with one hand.
- Keeps the temperature of the coffee warm and steady for a long time.
- Has a window that you can use to check how much water is left in the urn.
- Takes 60 seconds to brew a cup of coffee.
- May be difficult to wash and clean up.
5. VonShef Thermal Airpot Carafe Coffee Dispenser
This slightly more unique coffee urn not only looks more stylish than traditional coffee urns but can also be used for both hot and cold drinks. Ultimately, this urn can be used for coffee, tea, hot chocolate and even ciders and a cool lemonade in the summer.
This product comes in two sizes: 3 litres and 5 litres which will allow you to personalise the urn for your needs and is made from stainless steel.
Not only is this a sturdy material but you won’t have to worry about burning your hands by touching the exterior of the dispenser. Though it keeps hot contents warm for long periods, the outside will always stay cool to the touch. On top of all of the different beverages, this urn can be used for, the VonShef Thermal Airpot can also be your companion during camping trips and be used to store soups. It’s got a safety lock on it so ensure none of the contents spill.
This product dispenses the contents through a pump which may be a bit of a hassle for some people, however, especially as you will need to use 2 hands and put in a little bit of arm work. This isn’t suitable for everyone especially if you have medical conditions which affect your hands and arms.
This dispenser is easy to wash as you can remove the pump entirely and rinse it out thoroughly. Unfortunately, you cannot use any parts of this product in the dishwasher, however.
- Looks sleek and comes in two sizes.
- Can be used for both hot and cold beverages and even soups.
- Easy to carry with handle.
- Made from stainless steel which won’t burn you if you touch the exterior of the dispenser
- Might be unsuitable or frustrating to use due to its pump feature.
- Cannot be used in the dishwasher.
- Does not have water markings in the interior or a window to see how much liquid is left in the urn
6. Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn
If insulation is your biggest concern with coffee urns and you’re on the lookout for an urn that can ensure your coffee stays hot for a long time, the Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn is definitely one that you should consider.
This stainless steel coffee urn is double insulated making sure your coffee stays hot, but due to its stainless steel exterior, it is still cool to the touch so you or your guests won’t accidentally hurt yourselves while you pour yourselves a cup.
This urn has a 6.8-litre capacity and requires 950 watts of power, and comes in two sizes that can be used to make either 30 cups of coffee or 50 cups of coffee. It comes with a ready to serve light to let you know when you can begin to serve the coffee to guests, an easy to use dispenser, coffee level indicator, dishwasher safe basket and a locking lid which are all great features to have in a great coffee urn.
- Has double insulation to keep your coffee warm for long periods.
- Is made from stainless steel so is sturdy and is always cool to the touch.
- Has a dishwasher safe basket.
- Has a coffee level indicator so you never run out of coffee and can keep your guests happy
- Takes one minute to pour a cup of coffee.
- Does not have a detachable cord which may be difficult when cleaning the urn.
7. Nesco CU-25 Professional Coffee Urn
The Nesco CU-25 is a simple coffee urn that has a matte stainless steel finish for safety and style. It has an easy to use dispenser with a continuous pouring feature making pouring a cup of coffee hassle-free.
The cool touch and twist-lock ensure a level of safety that can keep your mind at peace during any function. The interior of the urn has water markings on it so you can easily measure how much water you are putting into the urn.
The feet of the coffee urn is made from skid-proof rubber to ensure stability once the urn is up and running. It takes approximately one minute to brew a single cup which is usually the standard time it takes most coffee urns to brew a cup of coffee.
This particular urn has a 950-watt heating element, heat resistant handles, dishwasher safe basket, stay-cool handles and double insulated wall to name some other features.
- Has a dishwasher safe basket.
- Has a double insulated wall.
- Continuous pouring feature.
- Cool touch and lock in the lid.
- Has heat resistant handles.
- Some say this product is quite noisy which may disturb meetings or events.
- Can be hard to store but this is true to most coffee urns due to their big size.
- Does not have an indicator light.
8. Proctor Silex 45100 100 Cup Brushed Aluminium Coffee Urn
This coffee urn by Hamilton Beach can fit up to a whopping 100 cups of coffee in its container. It’s got a dual heater system where the central heating brews the coffee and then shuts off when the coffee is ready.
Then, the outer heating keeps the coffee warms at constant serving temperature without overcooking or burning the coffee.
This coffee urn is rather unique as it includes boil-dry protection which automatically shuts off when the water in the tank has fully boiled away. This will save a lot of energy and offers a peace of mind as you won’t need to constantly check if you’ve turned the urn off or not.
There is also a red indicator light which lights up when the urn is plugged in. You are able to dispense the coffee into a cup with a single hand which makes the process efficient and easy. There is a coffee level indicator and window that can be used to fill up the right amount of liquid into the tank and to check if the coffee is getting low or not.
There is a filter-basket available in the tank but it is recommended to wet it before use to prevent coffee grounds from slipping through the filter and into the liquid.
- Can make up to 100 cups of coffee.
- Has a single-hand function.
- Has two heaters to first boil the water and then keep the coffee warm for the rest of the time
- Has a red indicator light when the urn is plugged in.
- Does not have a ready-to-serve light.
9. Hamilton Beach 40519 Coffee Urn
Another safe and reliable coffee urn option is the Hamilton Beach 40519 Coffee Urn that is perfect to brew 15-45 cups of coffee for your guests.
It’s got a 2-way dispensing feature making it convenient to take to crowded meetings and events and won’t leave people forming a queue to get their hands on a cup of coffee.
It comes with the option to have a continuous pour which is great and a coffee level window to ensure you can keep track of how much coffee is left in the tank before making a new batch of coffee. This urn is easy to fill as it has water measuring markings on the interior. You’ll also be pleased to know that this urn has dishwasher safe parts that can make the cleaning process faster and easier.
- Has a continuous pour.
- Has water level markings on the interior.
- Has a window so you can see how much coffee is left in the urn.
- Some parts of the urn are dishwasher safe.
- Has a 2-way dispensing option.
- Does not have a light to let you know if the coffee is ready or not.
- Does not have a special feature to keep the contents warm.
- It is not recommended to use styrofoam cups with this product.
10. Nostalgia HomeCraft CU30SS Quick-Brewing Automatic Coffee Urn
The last coffee urn in our list is the Nostalgia HomeCraft CU30SS Automatic Coffee Urn which is a stylish urn that can add a little sparkle to any office meeting or family gathering.
Of course, this product is not just all looks. It comes with a two-way dripless faucet that can keep surfaces clean from spillage and can continuously fill up cups with ease.
There is a function to keep your coffee warm even long after it has been brewed and has a secure lid that won’t spill and can offer you some peace of mind. Don’t worry about transporting the urn from one location in the room to the next even if the coffee is still hot in its tank. The cool-to-touch handles can make this process danger-free and comfortable.
- Has cool-to-touch handles so you won’t burn yourself.
- Has a two-way dripless faucet to prevent making a mess.
- Can keep your coffee warm long after it has been brewed.
- Can be used for other beverages like hot chocolate and tea.
- Is extremely stylish.
- Comes with a reusable coffee filter.
- Has an LED light that tells you when the coffee is ready to serve and water level markings
- The power cord is not detachable making it a little difficult to wash the urn.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Coffee Urn
Although a lot of coffee urns consists of the same functions, there are still some contributing factors to consider before you set out to buy your own coffee urn. Here is a list of the most important things to consider to ensure you pick the best coffee urn for you.
One of the most important functions of a coffee urn is to provide a large amount of coffee or beverages to a big group of people. You’ll always want to offer some warm drinks to those around you and a coffee urn makes this process incredibly easy and hassle-free.
Think about where you would use a coffee urn and how many people you will be serving at once and then go for a coffee urn that can fit those demands. If you’re only serving a few people, you won’t need to get the biggest urn on the market. If you’re taking the urn to a parents meeting or church gathering where there will be 40-50 people, a bigger urn is a better option for you.
Once you have a rough idea of how many people you will be serving, you can then go on to looking at the other contributing factors when it comes to choosing a coffee urn.
The next factor to consider is the cleaning process. Unfortunately, most coffee urns have a non-detachable power cord that makes washing the coffee urn a little awkward and difficult. After all, you mustn’t get the power cord wet.
There are now some coffee urns that offer dishwasher-safe lids and baskets but this is not a common theme for all coffee urns on the market. Be mindful to check the cleaning process of each coffee urn that interests you as they are big and heavy tools that may be difficult to clean.
Each coffee urn comes with its own unique features. From windows that show you how much coffee is left in your urn, double heating that can keep your coffee warm for hours on end, the option to use the urn for soups and ciders, LED lights to let you know when the coffee is ready to brew and more, we suggest reading up on each of the extra features of a coffee urn before purchasing.
No two extra features will be the same in each coffee urn so it’s important to know which features will make your life more convenient. If you will be serving a large group of people, having an urn that has two dispensers rather than a single one may be a better option, for example.
We hope that this article offers some insight into some of the best coffee urns available so that you can be the best coffee urn for you. We also hope that you’ve learned what features to look out for in coffee urns so that if you choose to buy one in the future you will know exactly what to look out for. Don’t just opt for any old coffee urn as there are now various coffee urns with a variety of features that can cater to you to make your life just that much simpler.