Alkaline water has been in the market for decades used for drinking and provides tremendous health benefits to users. However, there’s a controversy behind these claims, and there are no data that prove and support these health claims made by the users.
Since alkaline water is the root of these controversies let us consider some important aspects:
The machine used, the methods of filtration, the types of alkaline water, and so forth.
To begin with, let’s take this question-What machine can turn water into an alkaline?
The alkaline water filter machine can turn regular water or tap water into an alkaline water.
The water filter machine gives alkaline water with a higher pH level, reducing the acidity of the water and increasing its beneficial effects.
So what makes alkaline water filter so extraordinary?
If you don’t have a water filtration at home, it’s time to shop one providing your family safe, healthy drinking water.
The alkaline water filter machines turn water into pure alkalized water, become ionized through the process of electrolysis. These Alkaline water machines utilize many filters to discharge contaminants from tap water. They then increase the pH level and alkalinity of water using unique processes.
The main use of water filters remove contaminants from the water efficiently. More plates equal better ionization.
Usually, regular drinking water has a neutral pH of 7. Typically alkaline water has a pH of 8 or pH 9. The pH level implies the measurement of acid or alkaline contained in a substance. Acidic substances have a pH below 7.0, down to zero, water with a pH of 13 would be very alkaline.
The alkaline water filter has customizable pH levels, others provide an extremely low, from 2.5, to a high 12 pH level. Some alkaline water filter machine has excellent control and regularly maintained at a constant pH 9 level, which is quite safe and healthy. The result is purified water, and the mouthfeel of the water is very refreshing.
Method of Filtration:
There are various kinds of alkaline water, which often depends on the pH level as well as the method of filtration process used:
● Distilled Alkaline Water – is a process of transferring tap water into the distillation method, it becomes slightly alkaline. The elimination of contaminants from the water increases water’s pH level. Any toxin can make the water acidic, so once filtered through the distillation process, the water is safe to drink with a level of alkalinity in it.
● Ionized Alkaline Water – is an ionization process that transforms ordinary water into alkaline water. The water runs through positive, and negative electrodes (the process is called electrolysis) one part of water will come out acidic, the other part becomes alkaline. The ionizer that connected to the faucet electrically improve the pH level of your water, and automatically dispenses alkaline water for your consumption.
The installation of Alkaline water filter machine is simple, and you have two options: you can either attach it to the faucet immediately or to the water line under the sink.
Alkaline water filter gives a pleasant taste to your drinking water and making water healthier.
What are the benefits of alkaline water?
You can endure without food for many weeks, but without water, you surely die within days.
Yes, water is so essential to humans, and alkaline water is much safer than tap water. That’s the reason a lot of people spend on alkaline water filters that can purify and remove any contaminants. Water that has 8 to 9 pH levels is much better.
So, what are the benefits of alkaline water? What logical proof lies behind this drinking alkaline water? Are there any proven wellness benefits?
However, there are a few considerations that recommend alkaline water might be healthy for certain conditions.
Advocates believed that consuming alkaline water can negate or neutralize the acid in your body. Plus, it can help prevent illnesses, such as cancer and others.
Enlist here some benefits of alkaline water to your health:
● Alkaline water washes out the toxins that have stored in your body.
● Contains antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals that can induce cellular and DNA impairment.
● Alkaline water has a composite that rebuilds pH balance by decreasing acidity levels in the body.
● Has colon-cleansing properties that detoxify and expels mucus build-up on colon walls, thus increasing the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients.
● It contains higher frequencies of alkaline minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are essential to human health.
● It has negatively charged hydroxyl ions provide boosted energy, mental clarity, and overall sharpness.
● Filter and eliminates chlorine and other pollutants existing in tap water.
● Alkaline water with a pH over 10.5 helps to wash out pesticides from fresh fruits and vegetables.
● Drinking typically carbonated alkaline water with a pH of 8.8 may help deactivate pepsin, the primary enzyme that begins acid reflux.
● Drinking alkaline ionized water provides benefits for people with high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
● High-pH water decreased viscosity by 6.3 percent compared to 3.36 percent with regular purified drinking water.
Despite the absence of proven scientific research, advocates of alkaline water still held in its intended health benefits.
What are the side effects of alkaline water?
Drinking alkaline water has numerous benefits to your body and rated safe, but there are also neutralizing side effects.
But before going further, let’s differentiate the two types of alkaline water, as this is vital to know the reality at the back of this controversy.
Two types of alkaline water:
The Natural Alkaline
Natural alkaline water is naturally-sourced water, from a mountain springs flows naturally, and becomes alkaline. But, today, advancement has occurred, unfortunately, not all people reside near spring water. So, water copper bottle made, is out in the market today. It commonly ionizes the water and causes the water to become natural alkaline water.
The artificial Alkaline
It is typically water generated by passing tap water to an alkaline water machine, known as an electrical ionizer.
Which type of alkaline water are you consuming? Each type has a separate chemical form and a different impact on the body.
Some cases of negative side effects include;
● Drinking Alkaline can cause lowering of normal stomach acidity. Normal stomach acidity helps kill bacteria and discharge other unwanted pathogens from infiltrating your bloodstream.
● Lots of alkalinity in the body may generate gastrointestinal problems and skin infections.
● Too much alkalinity may also disturb the body’s normal pH, starting to metabolic alkalosis, an ailment that may produce symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, muscle twitching, hand quivering, confusion, and itching in the hands or face.
If you are consuming ionized water or artificially alkaline water, it is always recommended to measure your body’s pH regularly and control your consumption correspondingly. Ionized water should not be used as everyday drinking water as it can quickly form side effects.
Some specialists suggest utilizing reverse-osmosis to sufficiently purify water before attaching an alkaline ionizer, can increase pH and add minerals.
What are the risk of alkaline water?
Frequently, specialists examine alkaline water is safe, but the study on the long term use of alkaline water, results is quite limited.
Here are the risks of alkaline water based on studies:
Since our body needs to maintain pH neutrality, according to Cleveland Clinic limits in either alkalinity or acidity can occur in unfavourable health effects. Raising the pH too much on the alkaline side can produce problems by weakening the digestion process.
Components in alkaline water might be dangerous to anyone with kidney disease or anyone taking medicine that impairs kidney function, says NKFH. Extremely alkaline water can also cause skin itchy, dry, and irritated.
The study has shown that alkaline water might dangerous, done on rats given alkaline water increased fibrosis of the heart. The research doesn’t include human participants, its worth considering, because it implies some effects of the water, and might be dangerous.
Another study issued in the International Journal of Experimental Pathology concerning the long-term safety of consuming alkaline water. Although the research isn’t current and conducted on rats instead of humans. The writers concluded that frequent use (long-term) of the water seemed to appear in systemic results that were visible in noticeably retarded growth.
There are two kinds of alkaline water – the naturally alkaline and the artificially alkaline.
Typically, alkaline water has a chemical composition that varies from artificially alkaline water. However, the fact that artificially alkaline water has side effects and should generally shun as everyday drinking water.
The issue that several health experts with alkaline water aren’t about its safety as a drinking water, but instead the health cases that made about it.
Drinking natural alkaline water is usually acknowledged safe, considering it carries essential minerals. Purified water has a pH of 7, which is at the midway point, and rated very neutral, and safe. Water with pH levels of 7 – 10, are considered the safest.
However, you should use care with artificial alkaline water, which holds fewer beneficial minerals than its higher pH level. Also keep in mind, drinking plenty of alkaline water may leave you insufficient in minerals in your body.
There isn’t enough scientific proof to sustain the use of alkaline water, as a remedy for any health condition.
However, if you feel you benefit from consuming alkaline, then you can drink it, but don’t forget that there are side effects and health risks on drinking plenty of alkaline water overtime.