Purified Vs. Alkaline: Which is the Best Substitute for Distilled Water?
Are you confused, if purified water, or Alkaline, is great for a substitute for distilled water?
Or, you are undecided about which one is a better choice to drink?
Most people are confused about alkaline water and purified water.
Since they are a better choice for drinking, but both are different types of water when it comes to the filtration process. It is reasonable to know which one is much better to drink, which a safe substitute for distilled water, and which one benefits you.
Before going to the main topic, let’s have a look at how these three differ from each other.
What is Distilled Water?
Distilled water is a type of water that undergoes a process of distillation. Normally, the water is boiled to its specific boiling point. The steam is accumulated and combined to produce distilled water.
There are several kinds of distillation, but it all depends on its boiling point and the mixture of the elements.
Tap water used for distillation but, spring water is the best and most typically used.
What is purified water?
Purified water is the outcome of a specific process, such as filtration, and reverse osmosis. It is a purification method that extracts contaminants from the water, making it safe for drinking.
What is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water is less acidic compared to tap water. It is plentiful in alkalizing solutions, such as calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate. It undergoes through an ionizing procedure that eliminates acidic elements.
Water purification is one of the easiest and low-cost procedures of water softening. The result of this process identified as either purified or distilled in which the contaminants removed from the water.
This process will take off the contaminants, however in some cases, there are lapses, because some elements that are already in the water are very soluble, it may not eliminate from the water.
Now, back to the main topic, let’s have a look at some of the benefits these types of waters can bring to the human body.
What is the Best Substitute for Distilled Water?
Water is very vital to the human body. There’s a proven fact about this thought a man can leave only with water for many days.
Each cell in your body can work well with water, that’s the main reason why you should keep your body hydrated every day.
Most of the residences in the United States of America utilized water purification, which provides them a clean and purified water to drink.
Today, almost all people are knowledgeable about how valuable water to our daily lives. But some are confused about the best type of water to consume.
Alkaline and Purified Water is both great to your body. But, if you are finding a substitute for distilled water then, we need to know the advantages, and drawbacks, of these two.
The Benefits of Alkaline to the human body:
- Clean and free from impurities from the water
- Can help stabilize your cellular level
- Detoxify your body
- Good for one’s health and alternative for diet – that can enhance health and for a longer lifespan, than consuming acid-producing foods like red meat.
- Gives more energy
- It can neutralize the acid in the bloodstream.
- Prevent and cure of several diseases including, gastritis, osteoporosis, poor digestion, kidney problems, cancer, and others.
The Disadvantages of Alkaline to the human body:
- There’s no real scientific evidence about the claims.
- Since Alkaline is less acid, DNA, fatty acids, and amino acids, are very important elements to our body.
- Since Alkaline water is an alternative means for diet, advice for limiting to consume red meat, eggs, and others can cause an inadequate intake of protein and nutrients to the body which is very crucial to health.
The Benefits of Purified Water to the body:
- Clean and free from unwanted elements
- Has a better taste than Alkaline water
- Safe to consume
- More economical
The Disadvantages of using Purified Water to your body:
- The reverse osmosis or RO purifier eliminates essential minerals, such as iron, calcium, sodium, and magnesium that are very vital to our body.
- Some of the contaminants, like pesticides, may not be usually removed.
- Since tap water contains chlorine, it can create tiny pores to the filter, which reduces the performance level of the RO purifier.
- Normally, natural minerals eliminated from the water makes it de-mineralized, and making the water becomes tasteless.
Important Things to Remember:
All of us need to consume water for us to survive. However, if the water is not purified well, it can make you ill. Usually, it has some shortcomings as well.
If you are suffering from illnesses, you can choose alkaline water. People have been praising the advantages of alkaline for decades, but experts say the notion is not funded by any scientific proof.
As there are claims that alkaline waters can cure or prevent several illnesses. Although there’s no definite evidence that solidifies the claims, you require to ask your Physician about it.
Furthermore, if you’re a typical person that is very practical when it comes to budgeting, and you prefer to consume water at a reasonable price, you can go with purified water.
But, expert says drinking demineralized water frequently, can lose alkaline minerals from your body and it can cause skeletal weakening.
Since purified water is a product of reverse osmosis, which separates impurities from the water, it can also take off some of the minerals present in the water that our body needs.
On the other hand, alkaline water is said to be healthy, it is an antioxidant that cleanses our body, and carries many benefits to people who consume it but, some Physicians said that there’s no concrete evidence that supports these claims.
It needs an additional investigation to discern if these notions are true and if the advantages maintained over time.
Distilled water is slightly pricey contrasted to Purified Water, that’s why most people are finding a substitute for distilled water.
So, to answer the question above, it is more useful to understand what your needs are and how it benefits you.